Invitation for Bids (IFB) 03.09.2015
Republic of Kazakhstan
Central Asia Hydrometeorology Modernization
Credit Number: H677-7C
Project ID: P120788
Assignment Title: Development of the Distance Learning System for the 4National HydroMeteorology Services(NMHS)
This Invitation for Bids (IFB)follows the General Procurement Notice (GPN) published on September 3, 2011 in the online version of the United Nations Development Business.
The Executive Committee of the International Fund for Saving the Aral Sea (EC IFAS) received funding from the World Bank towards the cost of the Central Asia Hydrometeorology Modernization Project, and intends to use part of the funds for development of the distance learning system for the 4 NMHS, Reference №: RHC-G/ICB-06.
The subject of this Tender is creation of a Distance Learning System (DLS) at 6(six) Project sites that shall include the following:
- Creation of a Structured Cable Network
- Creation of a Dedicated Power Supply Network
- The delivery, installation and tuning of DLS software/hardware package
- Preparation of DLS operation documentation
- DLS users training
- Provision of warranty servicing of Project sites
The principal objectives of the DLS shall be as follows:
- Planning, organization and carrying out onsite and distance learning, as well as onsite/remote and offline training;
- Personnel knowledge level evaluation and certification;
- The development, adaptation and update and editing of teaching guides, training programs and guidelines and didactic materials, their centralized storage and recording;
- Information interaction between trainees, teaching staff and training courses developers in the process of training;
- Training process supervision and drawing up report documentation;
- Monitoring current and future need for training;
- Preparation of e-learning courses.
The DLS shall be installed at the Uzhydromet (Republic of Uzbekistan), the Al-Farabi Kazakh National University (Republic of Kazakhstan), Tajikhydromet (Republic of Tajikistan) and Kyrgyzhydromet (Kyrgyz Republic).
The Corporate Fund “Regional Center of Hydrology”(CF RCH), being the responsible
executive body, hereby invites eligible bidders to submit their sealed bids for the supply, installation and tuning of a DSL for 4 NHMS, as detailed above.
Bidding will be conducted through the International Competitive Bidding(ICB) procedures
described in the World Bank Guidelines:Procurement under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits
(May 2004 version as amended on October 2006 and May 2010) and will be open for all bidders representing eligible countries specified in the same Guidelines and meeting the following minimum eligibility criteria:
- The Bidders shall provide documentary confirmation of their successful experience of at least two (2) contracts implemented during the last five (5) years. Such contracts shall include the delivery, installation, training and technical support of data system having similar functional/technical characteristics the scope whereof shall be at least the same as specified in the Technical Requirements established in the Bidding Document.
Interested eligible Bidders may obtain additional information and inspect the Bidding Document
at the address specified below from 10.00 a.m. till 5.00 p.m., Almaty time.
A complete set of the Bidding Documentation in English and Russian may be obtained, upon
Bidder’s submission of a written application to the address specified below.
Every bid must have a bid security attached. The amount of bid security shall be 13,000 US Dollars or an equivalent sum in Kazakh Tenge according to the exchange rate of the National Bank of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
Bids must be deliveredto the address specified below not later than 2:00 p.m. Almaty time, on
Tuesday, October 6,2015.
The Corporate Fund “Regional Center of Hydrology” (CF RCH).
Attn:Mr. YerlanJakishev, PMU Procurement Specialist
32 AbayAvenue, Office 404
050002Almaty, Republic of Kazakhstan
Telephone: +7 (727) 267 64 69, +7 (727) 260 69 80
Fax: +7 (727) 390 71 74