- Water Resources Management in Pyanj River Basin (Additional Financing):
- Start Date: Closing Date: Source of funding: 24.07.2023 06.08.2023, before 5 p.m., local time (GMT+5) ADB/GCF Grant Number: Grant 0576/0577-TAJ Executing Agency: Agency for Hydrometeorology
Water Resources Management in Pyanj River Basin
Source of funding:
06.08.2023, before 5 p.m., local time (GMT+5)
Agency for Hydrometeorology
Job Title: Project Implementation Group Financial Specialist
Location: Dushanbe, Tajikistan
The Republic of Tajikistan has received an additional financing as a Grant proceeds from the Asian Development Bank (Grant No0576-TAJ (SF)) and Green Climate Fund (Grant No0577-TAJ (EF)) with the aim of the implementation of State Investment Project on Water Resources Management in Pyanj River Basin Project (PRB). The Project is intended to increase agricultural productivity in PRB and to improve forecasting efficiency through legal and organizational transformation of Hydromet and improvement of the quality of services regarding the prevention of extreme weather events in PRB and capacity building on effective management of water resources.
The Agency for Hydrometeorology of the Committee for Environmental Protection under the Government of the Republic of Tajikistan is the Executing Agency of the Project.
In order to implement the Project the Executing Agency announces a competition for the position:
The Financial Specialist will report to the PIG Director and will work closely with the project team. The specific responsibilities of the Financial Specialist includes, but is not limited to, the following tasks:
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Responsible for financing, funds flow arrangements, payments, and monitoring of the advance account; managing procedures for the advance account and statement of expenditure procedures;
2. Establish and maintain program account(s) to manage and record utilization of project funds;
3. Prepare withdrawal applications, statements of expenditures, and disbursement requests for replenishment of the impress account in accordance with provisions in ADB Loan Disbursement Handbook;
4. Maintain payment records of all invoices received;
5. Ensure that payments for all program related expenditures are made in a timely manner;
6. Ensure that adequate financial controls for fund management and reporting;
7. Support and assistance in project audit and financial management; and
8. Perform other related functions, duties, and tasks as may be requested by PIG Director.
Qualification requirements and evaluation criteria:
· University degree in Finance, Economic and other related;
· At least 5 years of experience in the finance, the finance in ADB and WB projects is advantage;
· Experience with ADB finance recommendations is encouraged;
· Proficiency in Tajik, Russian and English languages
· Good communication skills and ability to work in a team.
Interested candidates may receive additional information at the address below, during working hours (from 8.00 a.m. till 5.00 p.m.).
Letter of the Expression of Interest, Curriculum Vitae (in English and Russian languages), copy of diploma, letters of recommendations indicating the contacts of recommended shall be submitted to the address below, at or before 5.00 p.m. local time August 06, 2023.
Expression of Interests submitted after the deadline indicated above will not be considered.
Agency for Hydrometeorology
373 Shevchenko str., Dushanbe, Republic of Tajikistan