- Project Name: Water Resources Management in Pyanj River Basin (Additional Financing):
- Executing Agency: Agency for Hydrometeorology
Water Resources Management in Pyanj River Basin
Source of funding:
06.08.2023, before 5 p.m., local time (GMT+5)
Agency for Hydrometeorology
Job Title: Project Implementation Group Procurement Specialist
Location: Dushanbe, Tajikistan
The Republic of Tajikistan has received an additional financing as a Grant proceeds from the Asian Development Bank (Grant No0576-TAJ (SF)) and Green Climate Fund (Grant No0577-TAJ (EF)) with the aim of the implementation of State Investment Project on Water Resources Management in Pyanj River Basin Project (PRB). The Project is intended to increase agricultural productivity in PRB and to improve forecasting efficiency through legal and organizational transformation of Hydromet and improvement of the quality of services regarding the prevention of extreme weather events in PRB and capacity building on effective management of water resources.
The Agency for Hydrometeorology of the Committee for Environmental Protection under the Government of the Republic of Tajikistan is the Executing Agency of the Project.
In order to implement the Project the Executing Agency announces a competition for the position:
The Procurement Specialist will report to the PIG Director and will work closely with the project team. The specific responsibilities of the Procurement Specialist includes, but is not limited to, the following tasks:
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Knowledge of local legislation governing procurement and contracting procedures;
2. Develop an Operational Manual covering the procurement policies, procedures and standard documents in order to minimize cost and ensure a scheduled procurement activities in line with the requirements of the Government and ADB;
3. Maintain an information database on procurements of technical services, suppliers of equipment, ADB procurement guidelines, standard and model bidding documents, and other resources needed by staff in carrying out project components;
4. Negotiate and prepare standard bidding packages and specifications, evaluate bids, contract awards, supervise implementation, issue invoices, inspect/test procured items, and review payment requests of suppliers/contractors;
5. Establish a monitoring system within the procurement unit of the H-PIG for supervision of project procurement actions and coordinating necessary approvals or correcting shortcomings in procedures; and
6. Communicate through the Project Director Information and/or documentation to the Government or ADB for their inspection, obtaining comments and/or for commencement of funding.
Qualification requirements and evaluation criteria:
· University degree in Finance, Legal science, Management, Engineering, Economic, Procurement, etc.;
· At least 10 years of experience in the procurement of goods and services, especially the procurement of IT equipment mainly in ADB and WB projects;
· Experience with ADB procurement recommendations is encouraged;
· Proficiency in Tajik, Russian and English languages
· Good communication skills and ability to work in a team.
Interested candidates may receive additional information at the address below, during working hours (from 8.00 a.m. till 5.00 p.m.).
Letter of the Expression of Interest, Curriculum Vitae (in English and Russian languages), copy of diploma, letters of recommendations indicating the contacts of recommended shall be submitted to the address below, at or before 5.00 p.m. local time August 06, 2023.
Expression of Interests submitted after the deadline indicated above will not be considered.
Agency for Hydrometeorology
373 Shevchenko str., Dushanbe, Republic of Tajikistan